*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• July 05, 2024, 11:40:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina  (Read 12214 times)

Rahl

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2005, 08:10:16 PM »

"Descent of Man" indeed.  Right on Charlie.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2005, 08:45:45 PM »

Shit man I feel bad more for the animals who were forced to stay by their deadbeat fucking owners rather than the ignorant people who stayed by their own free will.

Don't give me any of this shit about "some people had nowhere to go and no way to get out". Everyone had PLENTY of warning to do SOMETHING. If you have 2 feet and can still breathe, no legitimate reason to stay. The animals however had no choice, they didn't know what was going on until it hit and by the time that happened they were fucked.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
k
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2005, 09:13:36 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
I hope that all of you who voted for George Bush are happy with these gas prices and shortages.

those all would have went up anyway. supply and demand. people aren't stupid. it is cheaper in over in la then it is in al. i found that out today. one of my friends told me that it was like 256 over there and here it is lik 279. i thought that was funny.
[

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2005, 04:21:04 AM »

I just like making comments and getting reactions out of people.

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2005, 08:02:54 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
I just like making comments and getting reactions out of people.

actually your comment was nearly 100% true.  When clinton was in office, it was at $.74 a gallon at the lowest here.  6 years later under Bush, and it's at $2.60 on average most places before the disaster.  It rose about 8 cents a month till it's finally started to peek off this last year.  The natural disaster only worsened the 5 years of raising prices.

And insane, not only did they not leave, but they survived the hurricane.  It took 9 hours for the city to flood.  Don't you think... if the streets are flooding... and you look outside... that you'd leave.  Apparently to all the fucking niggers who were there, it was stay where you are and watch it rise till you need to get on your roof and waste our tax payer money so they can ride in a helicopter.
i'm joining doa;)

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2005, 08:57:47 PM »

Iceman, I dont want to be rude, but you seriously need to get the facts. The president has no say over the cost of oil, the oil companies do. The government just regulates it so it stays a competitive market and not become a monopoly. We all have opinions but you need to be around long enough to see and do the research. You seem like a fairly smart kid so I think you'll be fine, but before you point fingers you need to dig a little deeper. Unless you want to get fat and start making crappy "documentaries".

Snake Pliskin

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2005, 04:57:48 AM »

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2005, 09:49:37 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ThaSnyper
Iceman, I dont want to be rude, but you seriously need to get the facts. The president has no say over the cost of oil, the oil companies do. The government just regulates it so it stays a competitive market and not become a monopoly. We all have opinions but you need to be around long enough to see and do the research. You seem like a fairly smart kid so I think you'll be fine, but before you point fingers you need to dig a little deeper. Unless you want to get fat and start making crappy "documentaries".

it's been rising since 2000... when he came into office.  I remember when it was at $.74 here at the lowest.  The disaster isn't this sudden insane rise, it's overdone anyway

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2005, 11:30:26 AM »

Isn't this thread is about Hurricane Katrina?

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2005, 11:46:26 AM »

Look.  The reason anyone blames Bush for the high gas prices is this:

- No, he doesn't regulate gas prices, but he does provide part of the initiative to look for alternative energy sources.  If he is not taking this initiative, we are bound to the oil companies (his cronies).  When fuel cells or biofuel, etc. are developed, gas prices will go down (due to demand decrease).  It's really that simple.

As far as people being too dumb to leave their homes, not so fast... it's a severe psychological battle to convince yourself to leave everything you have worked for behind knowing that you may return to its absence.  It, also, is really that simple.

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2005, 12:01:02 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
As far as people being too dumb to leave their homes, not so fast... it's a severe psychological battle to convince yourself to leave everything you have worked for behind knowing that you may return to its absence.  It, also, is really that simple.

Well yeah, but, in Seattle, were supposed to have a 10.0 quake sometime, and I hope thats after I graduate and have a steady job so I can move out of this place... but if not... fuck, there's supposed to be some slight tremors (4.0-7.0 are what they call "slight") before the real one.  As soon as one of those hits, cya.

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2005, 10:15:53 AM »

oh, and this is who I'm referring to as niggers.  They're stranded... and in their message, they can't even spell please.

and to yes... not EVERYONE could leave... that shouldn't mean the over 100,000 people who stayed! out of 350,000!  If 1/3, of a city is too poor to leave, then that is an extremely high poverty rate and would be stated as a depression.  I mean, just look at this.

'

ALL those people stayed.  I doubt every one of them "couldn't leave".  A few thousand people tops who really couldn't leave, with the 10,000ish who stayed in the superdome because the streets were too crowded, could have all fit in the superdown.  That's reasonable.  But 100,000 stubborn assholes who then make us pay our tax dollars to rescue their ignorent ass off a roof, when that money could be going towards making those people we're rescueing a new home if they had just left.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2005, 10:29:18 AM »

You don't pay taxes.  You're 15.

Missa

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2005, 11:53:12 AM »

Why is there a flag on the ground? How high up are they anyway?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 11:59:05 AM by Missa »

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Hurricane Katrina
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2005, 11:56:39 AM »

Gotta burn it.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.