*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• June 29, 2024, 07:03:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Gaming Console?  (Read 2549 times)

Loaded

Gaming Console?
« on: June 29, 2008, 09:58:32 AM »

I'm thinking about getting a gaming console, what one should I be looking at?

Please give your "technical" reasons why your choice is better then the others.

The only thing I need to make sure of, is that it can go on a wireless network to get on the net to play on line, is that possible?

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Console?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »

You should know I'm going to say xbox360 but the choice is up to you. Not sure about the ps3 but I know with a wireless adapter you can get online and play in a wireless network (that's how I'm able to play). Even If you do have to pay for the live I like it seeing as they made it really noob friendly with the marketplace and settings that can be connected to your pc (if you run vista or a media center pc). Also if you expect to play online take some heart pills first,at least if your gonna play fps games.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

Loaded

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:24:30 AM »

No need for pills.

I was just looking around and seen you had to pay for Live. Well that makes my choices smaller, because I will not keep feeding a company money, I mean come on, they get their $400+ then nickle and dime you for the rest of the console's life. Nope, not going to happen.

How is the PS3? If I seen correctly isn't it set up right out of the box for wireless?

Looking at the Wii, I don't think it dose anything for me when comparing it to the other 2 above.

Mean Green

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Adventures of MG not letting it go
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 11:25:33 AM »

Wii..I am the Tennis Queen.  NO losses so far. Woot!

Rat

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 12:22:10 PM »

I have the Wii. It does have wireless built-in. There are quite a few online games already for it. I like the wireless controllers and playing the games can be quite physical which I like.  

*MAFIA* Ricardo

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 12:25:56 PM »

The Wii is great, but I prefer the Xbox 360 ..

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 03:40:04 PM »

I guess i'm the only one who can vouch for the PS3. I prefer it over the 360 because of the media capabilities and interoperabili ty with any media source you can throw at it. For instance, if you have a shit load of movies on your system and want to throw them over to watch on your TV then stick 'em on your PS3 and go to town. Of course not to mention the Blu-Ray. Yes, it is as good as advertised. I've got a 36" Samsung LCD and any Blu-Ray on that sucker looks like you have opened a window instead of a movie.

In regards to the games, 360 does have it beat. The majority of games on the PS3 you can get on the 360 but PS3 still has some catching up to do. You can tell they are making strides with the release of MGS4 though.

All in all it seems to be a matter of preference. I have been a Playstation user since the first one was released so that was a big factor for me. The choice is yours.

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »

I will say get an Xbox 360. There is more games like gears of war and halo. HD graphics. Better online play. But if you're going for big time graphics and have a 1080p HDTV then you should probably get a ps3.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:05:06 PM »

Graphics don't matter between the systems unless you are looking through this...

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »

i have never played a ps3 so i cant really say anything about it, i like the xbox 360 tho and its pretty cheap for xbox live its only like 45$ a year, something like that, i still dont have anything better then a ps2 haha =[

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 12:26:31 AM »

Atrai 2600.

Seriously.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 25 queries.